Jed Schwartz continues his article in The Main Central Jin Shin Jyutsu Newsletter, issue Number 38, Fall 2002, about Reversing and Increasing of the Depths:
The Reversing and Increasing of the 3rd Depth is a bit different. In this quickie we focus on the bridge between the invisible and the visible by keeping open Safety Energy Lock 4 – our Window (for Breath and Light), and Safety Energy Lock 3 – our Swinging Door. Safety Energy Lock 4 needs to stay open, or we move very quickly into the 6th Depth. Safety Energy Lock 3 connects us with our relationships, our Mediator and thus our 3rd Depth, binding us in harmony to this world.
We have no Reversing and Increasing of 5th Depth because it is a culmination of the previous 4 depths. To clear it, we can use each in reverse order – 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st.
We mention in class that there are 66 pages in Text 1 and that there are 66 books in the Bible, the first (Old) and the second (New) Testaments. There are many interpretations and beliefs about what is written in these sacred texts, so I will not venture too far in discussing these relationships. Yet when we look at the last 5 books of the Bible, we might glean some insights.
We might see a relationship to:
- The First Letter of John with the Reversing and Increasing of 1st Depth. One of the many things in this letter that relates to 1st Depth is concerning Spirit in matter or Spirit in the body. There is also in verse 12 a mention of Cain, which connects us to Safety Energy Lock 4, which is the site of our story of Abel and Cain in Jin Shin jyutsu.
- The Second Letter of John can be related to the Reversing and Increasing of 2nd Depth from verse 5 – “let us love one another”, which is our Safety Energy Lock 13.
- The Third Letter of John can be related to Reversing and Increasing of 3rd Depth by simply being the 3rd letter.
- The Letter of Jude relates to the Reversing and Increasing of 4th Depth (page 65, Text 1). In its discussion of will and the desires of man, we can relate to the attitude of 4th Depth. In verse 7, “Like Sodom and Gomorrah…indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural lust”, and verse 16, “…these are grumblers and malcontents; they indulge in their own lusts; they are bombastic in speech, flattering people to their own advantage”, gives reference to 4th Depth worldly desire. Is there a coincidence that Jude adds up to 4?
- The Revelation of St. John the Divine, the last book of the Bible, relates to the 5th Depth and 6th Depth Increasing, Reversing or Extinction of Energy, which are discussed on p. 66, Text 1. Revelations in the book of the apocalypse and prophecy, which relates to our 6th Depth energy. There are numerous references to the number 7 – such as 7 churches, 7 seals, and 7 trumpets. Seven, perfect life power, is the positive number for 5th Depth, which leads us back to our spiritual home, the 6th Depth. Then chapter 22 mentions “…the river of the water of life, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.”* We could make an analogy that this is the Main Central Vertical running down the center from the Creator with the Supervisor running on either side creating the 12 organ flows. Chapter 22, verse 13 again gives us reference to our 6th Depth, “…I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end…”* The relationships to the testaments and our textbooks are endless and a lifetime study. My awareness of biblical references is limited, and I hope that you will share your insights with us all.
- The New Oxford Annotated Bible; Oxford University Press: copyright 2001
Thank you, Jed.
Thank you, Mary.
Thank you, David.
Gassho, Namaste, Blessings
All issues of The Main Central Jin Shin Jyutsu Newsletter are available at http://www.jsjinc.net.