Mary wrote 3 Self-Help Jin Shin Jyutsu Textbooks. It was her passion that people should know how to help themselves.
With the permission of Mary’s son, David Burmeister, I will share some basic information from those books; the very same books I use when I am teaching a Self-Help class.
I strongly suggest that the reader consider purchasing the three textbooks and implement the recommended flows on a daily basis. You will find all three books at http://www.jsjinc.net.
Today we’ll continue our review of Introducing JIN SHIN JYUTSU IS. (Continued) KNOW MYSELF BE IT IS BOOK III.
FINGERS AND TOES!
Mary says: “The journey lies within Myself to seek that which has no beginning or ending. Exhale all skepticisms, attitudes, and inhale joy, laughter, happiness in abundance. Continue SMILING and exhaling.”
FINGERS AND TOES! They are the keys to Know Myself BE IT IS, IS. In the Physio-Philosophy, awareness of Myself (the roots); in the Physio-Psychology, understanding of Myself (the trunk); Physio-Physiology, the simple application of technique (the fruits) becomes available to Myself. Just as it is simple, IT IS FUN (Fulfilling, Understanding, No-thing).
If one is in disbelief, SMILE and hold (jumper cable) INDEX FINGER. Drop the shoulders into the BIG TOES. Keep SMILING. Exhale, unload all the “archaeological” garbage, dirt, dust and greasy grime, from the head into the BIG TOES.
Continue SMILING, Inhale. Receive the purified revitalizing, renewing energy from the BIG TOES to the top of the head. In repeating this for a few exhalings, or if time permits, thirty-six exhalings, one begins to SEE the simplicity and the fun in the holding (jumper cabling) FINGERS and TOES.
WHY? Naturally, one always wants to know the WHY of the how-to. This is precisely the WHY of the birth of this FUN book.
Disbelief is simply FEAR. SMILE. Drop the shoulders, exhale and BE.
2. HANDS AND FEET AS JUMPER CABLES
Page 8 describes the use of the palms to influence the various activities of the Main Central Vertical Universal Harmonizing Energy Flow.
1. When one cuts or injures oneself and bleeding results, apply the RIGHT palm, thumb, finger or fingers (palm side) on the bleeding area and the LEFT palm, thumb, finger or fingers (palm side) overt the RIGHT palm, thumb, finger or fingers. This hold (jumper cable) aids in stopping the bleeding. This jumper cable position aids hernia type conditions. This hold (jumper cable) aids healing through allowing the energy flow function to close wounds.
2. When one needs to aid in releasing a sliver, or to enable a pimple to come to a “head”, reverse the above placement of the hands, i.e. RIGHT hand over the LEFT hand. This hold (jumper cable) aids the energy flow function to push or pull out the obstruction
(ASIDE: I was trained as an EMT and to help remember which palm, we would say, “RIGHT on red, LEFT to lift”. We also were taught to say, “RIGHTY-tighty; LEFTY-loosey” when working with oxygen tanks. My plumber says that, too! …a UNIVERSAL thing?)
3. When one is burned by touching hot objects or staying in the sun too long, palming the area of the burn can relieve the pain and may even prevent blistering and scarring…RIGHT palm over LEFT.
4. When one falls and “skins” one’s knees or any part of the body, one can aid the healing process by palming the area of injury…one palm or both palms side-by-side.
(ASIDE: when I was a youngster, I was always falling out of trees, falling off my bicycle and otherwise injuring my knees: scrapes, cuts…I didn’t know anything about Jin Shin Jyutsu and was not an EMT, but my right palm flew to my cut/scrape and left hand covered it while I cried out for Mommy! Our bodies are wonderfully created. They know how to care for themselves. We instinctively know what to do. It is good in my old (er) age to have an awakening of the awareness and understanding of these dynamic energy functions!)
Next time we will continue our review of FUN with FINGERS and TOES Physio-Philosophy (Nature-Effortless Reality), page 9.
Thank you, Mary.
Thank you, David
JIN SHIN JYUTSU IS. – the Getting to KNOW (Help) MYSELF is not intended to be a substitute for regular medical attention by the recognized medical authorities.